If I Gave You My Love (Bro/John)

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If I Gave You My Love (Bro/John)

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:57 am

Dave shrugged and went back into his room to let John work his magic.

Bro looked back at John with a raised eyebrow, smirking just slightly, wondering what the kid had meant by that. He watched John for awhile, moving to lean against the back of the futon to get a better view. "Whatcha makin?" he said after awhile.
phoenixCrabapple
Secretary Treasurer of Cocks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 am

"Spicy chicken stir-fry" John replied. "Dave said that you guys get Chinese take-out a lot, so I figures I could make it for you home made." John smiled at him. "My dad taught me to make a bunch of stuff so you can think of me as your own personal Chinese menu!"
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

View user profile http://spazzterror.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:15 am

"Uh huh," Bro said, staring back blankly at that smile. "Cool." John wasn't supposed to be smiling, damn't. He was supposed to be cowering in fear, because it was hilarious. Bro obviously had to up the ante here.

He didn't want the kid to piss himself again, so he walked deliberately up to him, getting very close. "Show me," he said. He really had no interest in learning how to cook, but it as a great way to invade Egbert's personal space.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:36 am

"Okay" John smiled. He turned back to the chicken he was cutting up. "First you have to cut all the ingredients into nice even pieces." he stated "Then you have to fry them in some oil, meat first since it takes the longest to cook, then your onion and garlic, then your rice, then your peppers and green vegetables." He finished cutting the chicken, put oil in the skillet and slid the meat into the warming oil. He washed the cutting board and the knife in the sink before setting them back and starting to cut an onion. "You're supposed to wash the cutting board and knife every time you switch meats or go from meats to produce" he explained.
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Bro watched, only half listening, the other half of his mind was trying to focus on being intimidating, which was apparently not working. All just ice melting goofy grins and obliging explanations.

"Why?" he said eventually with genuine curiosity when John explained the cutting board rule, "S'all gettin' cooked in the end." He folded his arms in mock-thought, making sure to accidentally nudge John in the shoulder with his elbow.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:37 pm

"Because raw meat can carry bacteria that make you sick, and most vegetables don't cook long enough to kill off all the bacteria, because most vegetables cook a lot quicker than meat" John explained "And you don't want to eat the bacteria because it will make you very sick. Like salmonella or food poisoning. And that's another reason why you put certain ingredients in at different times: because of the difference in cooking times." He stirred the chicken, which was beginning to fry in the skillet.

John was about as passionate about cooking as his dad was about baking, which helped him be less intimidated by Bro while he was doing it. Cooking was just something that boosted his confidence.
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:34 am

"Uh huh," Bro said, wondering why the hell it wasn't working. He'd had the kid falling all over himself earlier. "Cool." There wasn't much else he could do outside of outright molesting the kid, so he decided to leave it for now. Dave would probably get mad if he went that far anyway.

So he just flashstepped away, appearing back at the turntables to provide some musical accompaniment for John's cooking.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 am

Once the Chicken was cooked enough to start adding the other ingredients, John had to move fast to chop and fry at the same time; it was almost an art in its own way. It didn't take much longer until dinner was totally done and John was dishing it all out onto paper plates, both Strider portions larger than his own.

"Mr. Strider?" John asked, peeking his head out of the kitchen, "um, dinner's ready, if you want it, I mean, you can eat later if you want, but its not as good cold.
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:12 am

Bro looked up with another blank stare, holding John's gaze for a few seconds before moving. "Kay." He put his headphones down, eager to finally taste what he had been smelling. He stood for a moment, just looking at the plates, wondering which was his.

"I heard dinner," Dave said, finally emerging from his room. He hurried over to the counter and grabbed a plate, bringing it over to the futon. Sitting on one end, he wasted no time in beginning to scarf the food down.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:17 am

John followed after him with his own plate, sitting next to him. "So what do you think I should make tomorrow?" He asked, eating his own food at a more leisurely pace. "I was thinking if you want more Chinese, I could make some fortune cookies to go with it"
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:30 am

Bro got his plate and sat down on John's other side, spreading his legs out inconsiderate-dude-style as he slouched down to eat.

Dave swallowed and said "You don't gotta make us dinner every night man, it's not that great a place that it's worth that much to stay here." He was half hoping John would insist, the food really was quite choice. "Can you make pizza?" he asked before shoveling in another bite.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:39 am

"One of the first things dad and I made together!" John grinned. "And its totally worth cooking for you guys for the week; its my way of saying thanks! That and I love cooking. I never get enough chances to cook anymore, all I have at my dorm is a hot plate and a coffee maker."

He shifted slightly to give Bro more room, almost afraid to bump him.
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:45 am

Dave shrugged, inwardly pumping his fist, as was Bro. "If you insist man. Pizza it is. No anchovies." He glared at Bro, who didn't deign to look at him. Dave huffed and explained himself. "Bro always orders anchovies even though they're fuckin' gross."

"They're ironic," Bro finally said through a mouthful of chicken. He didn't like them either, but sometimes he couldn't resist what he thought was a hilarious joke.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:50 am

"Well what do you guys like on your pizza?" John asked, looking between the Strider men. "You can put just about anything on a pizza, the hardest part to make is the dough, but its still pretty easy."
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:58 am

"Sausage and cheese is what we usually get," Dave shrugged. "I guess you can put some veggies on there. Whatever. We can try somethin' new right Bro?"

Bro just shrugged and stared at the tv as he ate. Eventually he grabbed the remote and turned it on.

Dave rolled his eyes. "Just do whatever you want, Egbert. I'm not gonna throw it back in your face or anything." He lowered his voice and nodded towards Bro, "Dunno bout this asshole though."

Without looking away from the screen Bro reached over the top of John's head to rub his knuckles painfully into Dave's scalp. "Fuck! Argh! You promised no noogies!" he yelped, flailing his arm while the other tried to keep his plate steady.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:04 am

John narrowly avoided the flailing limb and moved from the couch to the floor. He did not want to be between the two if they were gonna strife. "What're we watching?" he asked, hoping to distract at least one of them before a strife did break out.
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:21 am

Bro stopped, leaving Dave swatting at nothing. "SpikeTV" he says shortly. Some ridiculous game show was on, lots of girls in bikinis and an announcer yelling unecessarily.

"Dude, let's watch something else, we got company," Dave said, already recovered from the vicious attack and straightening his hair.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:27 am

"We can watch this if your Bro wants to," John stated hurriedly, "I don't mind, I was just wondering what it was." He shoved a fork full of food into his mouth before he could shove his foot in instead.
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:38 am

Bro dropped the remote into John's lap, then sat back and finished up the stir-fry. He crumpled the paper plate up and tossed it into the trashcan behind him. "Food's good," he said, before locking back down and staring at the TV. His leg twitched subtly to some inaudible beat next to John on the floor.

Dave just ate his food as fast as possible before it could be endangered again.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:43 am

John stared at the remote in his lap for a few minutes. "Does this mean I'm allowed to change the channel?" he finally asked, looking up at Bro questioningly.

He didn't want to change it without knowing and start something he already knew he wouldn't be able to finish.
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:49 am

"Yeah man. Just don't choose the wrong one," Bro said, putting the subtlest of threats into his voice, "Hint, this's one of the wrong ones."

Dave rolled his eyes behind his shades. "Don't be an asshole Bro." He was promptly given a punch to the shoulder.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:58 am

John nodded hurriedly and started flipping channels. He finally stopped on a channel that was playing iron chef. "I-is this good? This show's really neat, because its like a passive aggressive strife with food" he tried to explain. "I like to watch it because I really learn a lot about cooking around a theme. And its really funny too, Alton Brown, that's the guy doing the commentary, and the chairman, who is that Asian guy up by the timer, they make a lot of jokes, and the chairman does flips and stuff"
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:05 am

Bro looked between John and the TV for a long time, his face impassive. He stood up slowly, just looking down at John. After at least 30 seconds he finally said, "Yeah, s'cool. Dave gimme your plate." He took said plate to the trashcan and got himself an applejuice from the fridge. Then he plopped back down on the futon and stretched his legs out in front of him, watching Iron Chef with interest and sipping his drink.
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solarOrigins on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:12 am

John happily explained the points of the show that weren't covered by the announcer, and informing them of little tricks that the chefs were using. It was almost obvious how much happier and more easy-going he was when talking about food and cooking.
solarOrigins
Poet of Time
Poet of Time

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenixCrabapple on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:25 am

Bro found the show to be fairly enjoyable, even for a culinary retard like himself, and allowed himself to relax somewhat. "You guys want some Dairy Queen or somethin'?" he said after awhile.

"Bet you can't do it in the next commercial break," Dave said. Bro raised an eyebrow, easily taking his challenge. "What do you want?"
phoenixCrabapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top