Never Too Late To Say Hello

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Never Too Late To Say Hello

Post  mercurialMonster on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:58 am

You smile when Kuvoos admits to not knowing how violent he could get even with his kismesis, for some odd reason finding his reluctance towards violence an endearing trait. Personally, you feel that the best kismessitudes are built not on physical violence but on sharp, carefully orchestrated words; after all, it's easy to strike someone, but it takes significantly more wit and effort to hurt with insults and verbal barbs. You would need to respect your kismesis as well as hate them, and how can you respect someone who just resorts to blows?

That being said, you know you'd probably leave some nasty marks on your blackrom partner even as you hurled venomous words.

You chuckle when your companion describes the state of his hive. "Hahaaaa, I know that jive, bro. Top floors of my hive are a fuckin' wreck let me tell ya. I wouldn't want anyone to see that catastrophe." You live in a state of organised chaos-- you know where everything is, but an outsider could easily draw a comparison to a bomb site. You keep the bottom two floors clean, though, in case of company.

"The park sounds good. You wanna walk down?" You suggest, scritching behind your ear idly. Nothing quite like a walk in the park. It's soothing and pleasant and a nice thing to do with a friend.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:51 pm

There's a long moment as you try to think of the perfect place to show Lothun around. Somewhere fun for the both of you, pleasing. What you'd like is to get more smiles out of her. She does look so much more enchanting and less likely to turn and maul him. Yes. Grinning along with her as you listen to her describe the condition of her hive. Ah yes, you understand the feeling well. You really should get around to cleaning it up sometime. In the near future. Maybe. Well it will have to happen at some point if you ever expect Lothun's company!

That is if she would want to visit. Hopefully.

Upon Lothun's decision you begin to nod along almost humorously then pause. Something about her voice and the small scratching behind her ear kind of send you negative signals. Oh no, your choices are obviously boring her! Seriously, a walk in a park? Greenery and moonlit paths. How absolutely drudging would that be? Something inside you just wants to impress your fellow highblood friend. Something to make up for your awkwardness and height deficiency. "Well, uh, yeah sure. If you get bored or, ah, anything we could circle around to my Hive real quick. Uh, it not being grand and all at the moment but it is near the shore. The, uhm, beach is nice when the sea dwellers aren't patrolling it. They can get a little, hmm, finicky about who's allowed on the sand or not." You motion for your server to return, ready to pay for both your drinks and Lothuns. "Might even catch Lo-Lo fishing, maybe." That old sea lion never got tired of dragging home sea bass and the like.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 am

You blink when Kuvoos reextends the offer of his hive, mentioning the nearby shore. Presumably the beach is nicer here than your own (well the beach isn't technically yours, but you're not one for technicalities), which has gritty black sand and is nearly constantly drizzling. You'd be up for that, you suppose, and the risk of seadwellers doesn't bother you; it's not like you don't deal with that on a regular basis anyway, and they pose less of a threat to you than they might to short little Kuvoos.

"Yeah, sure? That all sounds good bro, I'm not finicky. Seadwellers though, uppity little shits, I get plenty of then 'round my way. They used to try to keep me off my fuckin' beach, but ah. Not so much any more." You're not gonna take that from no talking fish. The handful of gill-sporters that live around your shore know better now.

"But yeah mate, if you have a preference then I'm all for it broski. I am so chill, man, like, whatever you feel like. I don't mind." You give an easy, shark like grin. It's fortunate that Kuvoos is partial to your smile, seeing as a comparison could easily be drawn between your mandibles and a big mess of knives.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 am

Yeah you are still all over the place here. But you wont revoke your offer this time. No, you will make this work! Yeah. And oh you do end up snickering at how Lothun talks about the sea dwellers. Sure there aren't that many but most of them are pretty high and mighty. Well, not so much this one violet blood you know. But he seems too broody to be bitchy. And his moirail seems to keep him in line too. "It'll be fun! I, ah, know it. Though, well I, uh, don't see why they would give you trouble. We being so close to them in the hierarchy. But, ah, everyone has their ingrain prejudiced I suppose. I'll be sure to keep them away from you." You grin as shyly as ever and after you pay for your drinks and hers you stand and wait for her to follow suit.

Flushing almost instantly from Lothun's smile you make it seem like you are simply adjusting your hood when in actually you hide your flush. You don't understand why you've become so easily flustered by anything she does now. Nor will you allow your mind to fully wander about things that are considerably inappropriate. Even if they are rather... stimulating. Ugh, you are a terrible troll indeed. "Ready when you are." You stand at the door of the bar, holding it open for her. Ignoring all eyes that are suddenly on the two of you again. You suppose all the low bloods and mid bloods were expecting you two to cause trouble.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:18 pm

You smile wide and bright at Kuvoos' declaration that he will keep the seadwellers from you. It's sweet, if a little improbable, since you doubt Kuvoos could intimidate anyone, let alone a seadweller. But it's the thought that counts, and you appreciate the sentiment. Your bloopusher flutters distractingly again, no doubt encouraged by that cute little blush you catch him trying to hide.

You stand fluidly, but that grace soon turns to a loping way of moving similar to a large woofbeast, confident and almost bouncing but in no way elegant. You bump Kuvoos with your hip again, giggling largely to yourself with your tongue held between your teeth as you step outside, turning as you do so to face your companion again.

"Aight then mate! Lead the way!" You rock on your heels, eyes crinkling with the force of your face-splitting grin.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:28 am

You have no idea how Lothun really feels about you so you simply go on blushing and smiling and feeling very much confident. Yeah you try not to think of yourself as weak and worthless. So your intimidation factor might be in the negatives, even with the awesome specs, but it's very considerate of your friend not to make it so blatantly obvious. And of course you are pretty much wrapped up in watching her approach you as you hold the door open in a show of common courtesy most of your chaste fail to observe. The smile make your chest ache and various doubts melt away. And where as one might have seen no grace in the confident stride in your companion's step you admire every motion. Wrapped up in your blush and stare you are easily shaken when she bumps up against you with her hip. Anything you might have said dies in your throat as you let go of the door and turn to meet her beaming smile. Something in the back of your mind tells you to be terrified of that sharky grin but you can only return the gesture.

"Oh, uh, yes. I'll lead the way." Trying your best to sound confident he turned and began the steady march off toward the shore. Tucking your hands in your pockets and hunch over. Your face masked by your hood and looking this way and that every so often. No one follows you, but who in their right mind would anyway? You really don't know what to say in the fifteen or so minutes it will take to get to the beach. The scent of the ocean growing thicker and bringing a comforting sort of calm and ease in your relatively edgy steps.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:58 am

Where your friend is hunched and tucked into himself, you hold yourself tall and domineering. You are just as alert for the signs of followers, though, a habit picked up from your profession. You never knew when some arrogant little shit might try to off you, after all. You swagger, occasionally meeting unsure glances of lowbloods with a toothy grin, and consciously shorten your stride to keep pace with Kuvoos.

The scent of the ocean reaches you, different to the noxious odor of your own shore. Much less marshy, cleaner. The scent of a beach that people would like to walk on, unlike your black-sanded bone-littered territory. A touristy beach. You like it, a touch familiar but fresh, pleasant.

"Mm, nothing carries like the scent of the sea. Your shore smells better than mine." You comment idly, images of pristine white sand and clear waters springing up in your thinkpan.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:31 am

It would probably be hilarious to anyone watching you two. How different your appearance and approach. And of course your size is nothing to be proud off and hunching over only lessens it further. But you try not to let that worrisome thought settle in your thinkpan. Nah, you are much too happy to have pleasant company and someone other then your lusus to share your beach with. Ok, it's not technically your beach though you make a solid effort to keep it clean and quiet. You actually take a lot of pride in it the more you think about it. And there is a reason why no one else has set up their hive in your pristine patch of shore. Lo-Lo has taken care of several would be neighbors, thankfully.

"I, uh, doubt that. Though I think I would like to see your beach sometime. If that is ok of course." You look up at her for a moment, daring to look away from your path. Admiring, once more, how proud she looks with her head held high and no signs of fear. If your horns could droop in silent envy they would have comically done so. Instead your settle with a deep frown as your ears instinctively flatten against the sides of your head.

The trip from there is pretty much you keeping to yourself as you pass the barrier of trees, long having left the vast city behind. Leaving the woods behind the beach is a wide expanse before the two of them. Several cliffs rise along the shore cutting it up into various sections. Leading the both of you onward you can hear the water lapping at the shore. Crisp, salty air fills your lungs and you feel like all is right in this overly violent world. The shore isn't so pristine and white, various colors mixed in from a verity of broken, worn down shells mixed in. The right kind of moonlight could even make some spots sparkle like glass. Of course its not as sharp. Hopefully. "Here we are!"
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:49 am

You chuckle mildly, nodding amiable to your friend. "Well, your plenty welcome but I must warn you, my patch is hardly hospitable. It's where a bog drains into the sea, which is great for Quetza but not so great for people. Black sand with a thin layer of solidity coating a gross under layer of sludge. Lotsa littler beasts get stuck, so there's a fair scattering of bones, too. Water's all murky and ick. Hafta wear boots just to keep your legs clean. Plenty forboding, but not particularly inviting to guests." You pull a face and shrug. It's a pretty gross area, but it's yours and you're used to it. You think the water might be a little toxic, too, since you're sure the local seadwellers shouldn't be quite as batty as they are.

You note the flattening of Kuvoos' ears, your own pricking up with curiosity and a touch of confusion. You wonder if you should ask what's wrong, but decide that he can tell you himself if he wants to. He doesn't need you getting all up in his grill.

After some time you arrive at his beach, and you beam with delight. "So pretty! You breath, stepping onto the beach and being unreasonably surprised when your foot doesn't punch through the surface and sink to mid-calf. You're just used to your really shitty sludge-sand, you suppose, but you still give a jolt at the unfamiliar solidity of the sand beneath you. You giggle awkwardly-- you know that sand doesn't normally do what yours does, why are you so surprised?
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:16 am

You choose to keep your inner turmoil to yourself. No reason to further regrade yourself tonight. You've done plenty of that already. Listening sharply to what Lothun has to say about the location of her hive's local beach. Well yeah that doesn't sound very nice indeed. Hmm, well certainly not a place your lusus would willingly let you visit nor does it sound any fun. But you wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to visit her home and see what she's all about. Might have to pack a bit of gear for the trip too. Yay.

"Oh, uh, yeah I guess it is." You didn't expect such a reaction from her upon entering the boarder of the sandy shore. Sand and shell crunching under boot. You take in the sight of the tall, imposing highblood looking absolutely thrilled. Something inside you tells you that this was a good thing, no way should you feel regret about this decision. She looks to be enjoying herself after all. It was what you intended anyway. Standing up straight and glancing around. The water was dark and foreboding as always but no sign of impending danger. Daring to scoot up closer to Lothun and smile, turning your attention then toward the open water again. You could see for miles into the darkness and the view from your hive is pretty nice too. You have always been curious of how a sunrise or sunset would look on the beach. And somehow you wish you could view it with your fellow purple blood. Curious of how the fading light would capture her features. Well, of course if the light wasn't completely and utterly deadly to your kind.

"It's a nice place. Not many trolls take time to enjoy such things. Like the sand and water and stuff." Beaming a soft smile at her you trudge down closer to the water and kick at the waves. You idly wonder where your lusus is. That old purrbeast is pretty good at tackling you when your hung around the shore like this. "You can come here whenever you want, if you want. If that's ok." Yeah, that lack of confidence is still there but the smile he shoots back at his friend is all warmth and invitation.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:03 am

You smile wide again at the extended offer, though your expression is less mad glee and more potent affection. You gaze at Kuvoos for a long while, silent and contemplative in a way that would probably worry your companion somewhat. Eventually you break the silence, bumping gently and affectionately against the other highblood.

"You are very odd, Kuvoos, for a highblood. You're so nice. I think that I like you a lot." You glance away over the water for a moment before looking back to Kuvoos. "You're very cool." You add, matter-of-factly, eyes crinkling with the force of your smile. It's a good thing Kuvoos isn't typically aggressive, really. You would probably have killed him by now if he kept snapping and butting heads with you, so to speak.

"I'll have to drop by on the reg! I'll bring you nice things to eat. I'm a dab hand in the kitchen, if I do say so myself!" You will, too. You like cooking things for your friends, and Kuvoos has already complained about all the fish he eats, so it's the perfect opportunity to smother someone in edible gifts.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top