Never Too Late To Say Hello

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Never Too Late To Say Hello

Post  titanicIronsmith on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:57 am

You don't even know what to do with yourself when she bumps up against you playfully. Simply nodding your head and letting her stride in while you keep your gaze glued to the floor. Luckily she didn't go through with the face smushing, seeing as you probably couldn't handle that very well. At all. Nope. And all you can do to answer is mumble something under your breath and you passively guide her to your usual sitting arrangement. A very lonely looking table situated further from the action but given a great view of the rest of the crowd. But of course being the only two high bloods you are receiving quite a bit of attention. It was something you kind of expected, you guess.

"Ah, well, uhm. There is something called, ah, Quicksilver. It's rather strong and stuff, taste like cotton candy from what I hear, very expensive. If you're into that. I, ah, only drink Grim n Dark. Fizzy but tasteless but enough of ah buzz. Mmhm." You are probably rambling as you try to think of a few more choices. You really have no idea what your friend is into. Something sweet, bitter, sour? She seems like she could handle something with a heavy kick to it. You, on the other hand, can barely handle something that would be an equivalent to a wine cooler. If you knew what that even was.

"There are just, uhm, flavored drinks as well. A, uh, wide assortment." As you go on one of the usual servers approaches. A short but stocky green blood that looks a little flustered. He seems new. You've frequented this places plenty of times to know the usual employees. You choose to ignore him for the moment and instead wait on your friend. You still can't quite meet her eyes.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:33 am

You slide into your seat easily-- lounging is really the only thing you do gracefully-- and prop your chin in the palm of your hand. You listen to Kuvoos' description of the two recommended drinks, tongue flicking over your lips just a hint at the words "cotton candy". You like your drinks sweet, and you can handle stronger beverages quite well. "Quicksilver, huh? Sounds nice!" Though you have to appreciate the appeal behind the name 'Grim n Dark'.

You glance up at the approaching server, grinning wide at the greenblood. "Hey there! A Quickilver for me and a Grim n Dark for my friend, please. Unless you wanna try somethin' different, o' course." You ask of the midblood, before glancing back to your companion.

You continue to watch Kuvoos even after the server has hurried off to collect your drinks, leaning down to try and catch his eye under his hood. "Heeeey-eeeeey! I'm not gonna bite, ya know!" You tease lightly, pouting playfully.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Despite your reluctance and constant gazing at the floor or table you are very much aware of the on goings around you. You even pick up on the way your friend so easily slips into her seat and makes herself look like a regular the way she lounges so simply. And of course before you really get to respond she is already ordering your drink. And since a Grim n Dark is all you'd ever dare to try you don't say a word just shake your head. With the order given the green blood bolts back toward the bar. Her authoritativeness makes you envious. How she comes off as dominating without even trying. It will be a challenge to try and emulate her so you probably wont even try. You could probably use some confidence as well.

"It's alright. I guess." You can't help but flush a bit more as your friend leans down and tries to catch your visor. Of course you can't help but lock onto her eyes. Your two red optical orbs stare unblinkingly at her. Buried in the dark recesses of your hood they only glow all the more menacing though your expression is anything but aggressive. You could be rather terrifying if you really just tried. Maybe. "And I don't know about the biting thing. You, ah, seem to have the perfect calcium constructs to inflict maximum damage capacity."

Well that was a terrible attempt on complimenting your friend on her smile. If she can even take it as a compliment though you manage to crack a very timid grin. You are such an idiot. It is you.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Kuvoos' response makes you grin, a soft "hee hee!" escaping you again. He's so unbelievably awkward and cute! His visor might be slightly unnerving (for someone with weaker nerves), but he's already explained all of that to you so you don't mind.

"True enough! But I promise I shan't inflict that maximum damage capacity on you, eh?" You reply jovially, cocking your head to the side. Poor nervous Kuvoos! You never had any trouble talking to people you knew from online, but then you are a very dominant personality. Dear Kuvoos might be feeling intimidated, perhaps?

"Hey, if we got on over the net then we're pals in real life, Kay? No need to get the jitters." You sooth, something you don't do very often. It can't be that difficult, though, surely? You consciously slump a little more, making yourself seem a little less imposing, and your voice melts into a calming lull rather than your usual mix of gravel and squeaks.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Ok, so with Lothun's promise not to use her sizable incisors on you there is a bit of a relief. For whatever reason. It's not like you were expecting some feral attack from your fellow highblood. Ok maybe you were. A little. You have seen some shit before so it's not really that farfetched. Best not bring it up and have to go through that whole awkward explaining of the experience. "Uh, ok, I guess." Try as you might you can't help but fuss with your exposed bangs. Tugging on the partly dyed hair, rolling it between your fingers as you try to think of something to lighten your mood. The mood. Any mood.

"I just don't normally just, uh, meet others so quickly. After chatting with them online. And, um, I wasn't really expecting you to be so... tall. And I'm short and I hope you don't mind. And I really don't want you to regret coming here. I really hope I don't mess up. It's, ah, nice to make new friends but always best to keep them right?" Yes you are rambling again. And with nothing to hold your attention in your hands or look away to stare at something else you just can't help it. It's this or complete and utter silence. Your only saving grace is that your drinks are well on their way to the table by the same server from earlier.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:34 pm

"Hee hee, yeah I can get that. And I don't mind your height at all, why would I? I'm taller than most, hon, I'm kind of used to it. I'm sure everything will be fine and I shan't regret a thing and we'll look back on this sweeps from now and laugh, yeah?" You smile wide and reassuring, though a little more closed-mouthed than usual to make you appear less like a shark. It's at the point that the server returns with your drinks, setting them on the table and looking positively wrecked with nerves.

You pay for both of your drinks easily and before any would-be objections can be raised, and you tip your server generously because why not? "Thanks luv." You shoot a smile at the greenblood before sipping at your drink.

"Mm, 's good. Good rec'mmondation. Anyway, so-- oh my fuck, my head has never been less full of jokes. I-- ugh." You put a hand over your eyes. "I generally just crack jokes until everything's funny and everyone's laughing and it's all cool, but I am drawing such a blank. Oh no. Ha ha haaaaa, it's like-- like when you forget a word that you use every day? Oh jeez." Oh no, jokes are like 90% of your personality and you can't remember any of them.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:33 am

You listen to her explain that everything was fine and worrying was simply silly. And that added smile does put you at ease. But the worry will be ever present. You only continue to smile shyly. She did say sweep later, so that was promising! This friendship might just last after all.

"Uh, yes. Yes that does sound alright." You look up as the green blood set down your drink. Immediately you grab the sizable mug and sip it lightly. It's bubbly and barely hits your mental receptors but you can feel the effects. The lights in your visor dim slightly.

Then everything seems to do a change up when Lothun goes on about not having any jokes. Her distress is a little unnerving to you. For some one you actually envy and want to emulate you can't help but feel like you need to do something. But really what could you do? Well the first thing that comes to mind is to cheer her up yet cracking jokes is something you are terrible with. Instead you reached over and touch her hand and remove it from her face.

"It's alright, uhm, really. Don't worry. Besides, ah, most jokes would just go right over my head, anyway. And, um, you shouldn't hide such nice eyes. Ahhh... how about you tell me more about what you do?"
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:28 am

"I guess it's not a big deal, but I swear I am 90% jokes, ha haaaa-- oh!" You make an odd squeak as your hand is removed from your face, and you it a little straighter in surprise. For a few seconds your befuddlement is written across your face, though there isn't really any reason for you to be confused. The phrase "nice eyes" manages to make its way into your thinkpan, and your cheeks flush with the the compliment.

You manage to snap back to reality in time to process his request. You blink, wondering what he could possibly want to know. You break into people's hives, usually, and kill them in the name of Her Imperial Condescension. Sometimes you have to track people down, if they're hiding or on the move, sometimes you have to kill them in a public place.

"U-um, sure! What would you like to know?" You reply, managing to regain a little of your composure. Gosh, you've gotten all bashful. What's that all about?
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:28 pm

You flinch away when she squeaked. Oh no. You hope you didn't do something wrong, perhaps cross from invisible line you weren't supposed to. Placing your hands in your lap and looking down just as you barely notice the blush in her cheeks. You're now back to being nervous and fidgety. So much for progress! Now you just apologize profusely and curse under your breath at yourself.

You shrug a bit and slowly wrap your hands around your drink. Drumming your fingers nervously on the cold glass. "You are a laughsassin or something right? You're going to work for... for the Empress right? Is that what you will do when time comes to join the fleet? Is that, uh, fun?" Damn you feel like an idiot. At least you don't stutter but you can't really keep your gaze focused on her.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 pm

You give a start when Kuvoos begins to apologise, immediately leaping to reassure him. "Oh, no no no! No, do not apologise, it's all fine, you just surprised me is all! Don't mind me, making silly noises! It's fine, fine, fine." You sooth, but there's still a touch of bashfullness and nerves to your words, making you repeat yourself almost compulsively.

"Um, yes, that is correct. I will be stationed on the Empress's ship and dispatched whenever there is a job that requires my attention. It can be good, when I am sent after people who deserve it, people who have encouraged the wrath of those higher than them, and it can be fun figuring out how to get into their strongholds-- they often know that they are being hunted, you see-- but sometimes the ones I am sent after are quite young. It is not so good then." You look down into your drink, brow creasing slightly before you take a gulp to ease your worries.

"What about you? Tell me about your work." You ask of your friend. It's only reasonable, you think, to turn the question back on him.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:53 pm

You nod slowly and close your mouth to prevent any more sorries and the such to spill out. You'll drown yourself in your drink while you sit back and simply listen to what your fellow purple blood has to say. You make a mental note not to put your hands anywhere near your friend for future reference. Yes.

As you listen to Lothun going on about her career choice you start to feel a little intimidated all over again. Oh, to get on the bad side of the Condescension herself didn't ever sound like a good idea. Being a highblood does help but you never know what could make royalty flip their shit. Purple blood or not wont save you if you seriously fuck up. Somehow. And perhaps normal high bloods wouldn't worry about such things but you certainly do now and then. And knowing that your knew friend will join the ranks of those fearsome Laughsassin's didn't help. Nor how she went on to say that age didn't even play a factor.

You fiddle with your mug for a moment before you respond to her inquiry with a shrug of your shoulders. "Well, uh, my goal is to work on repairing fleet ships and, uhm, weapons. Maybe craft armor for the low bloods to wear when they are sent off to conquer other worlds." You voice softens a little as you go on. "I really would like to meet other civilizations and, ah, stuff." And by stuff you mean to spread the word of your merciful, loving deity.

Oh, right, you don't go on to say anything about your religious beliefs. Of the God of metal and flesh that will decend from the heavens by meteorites. And fire. And lots of bloodshed. Of course only those with cybernetic augmentations will be accepted into the symbiotic fold.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:47 pm

"Oh yes, it could be very cool to meet other civilisations. I hear that they can be very strange and different. But I'll probably only ever get to see other worlds when I'm being sent after someone, siiiiiiigh." You shrug, sipping at your drink for a moment. "I'm sure you'll do well. You're talents willh appreciated by the fleet." Smithing was certainly more versatile than killing people, though your own line of work was often glorified.

"So, um. You're big into cybernetics, right? Tell me about that." You suggest to the other highblood. You don't know an awful lot about the subject, little more than a vague understanding that bodyparts can be replaced by robotic prosthetics.

And, of course, you have no idea that your companion believes in a cyborg deity that will accept all those augmented with mechanics into a hivemind or something. Not even your narrator understands the complexities of this religion, so there's no chance that you've ever heard of it!
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 pm

"Well at least you have an important job. You'll be famous someday, maybe. That would be nice." You finished your drink before you even know it. Somewhere between your last statement and Lothun's you ordered another round. You guess. Because your server, the green blood, is back with another drink for the two of you.

The mention of cybernetics kind of gets you excited and flustered at the same time. A smile tugs at your lips as you try to find a point of which to start. Perhaps you can even convert your friend and get her some upgrades! "Hmm, well yes. But not always. I mean, uh, I was first into metal. Then I got into cybernetics about two and a half sweeps ago. Got into all the sci fi movies with main characters as cyborgs and, ah, robots too. But how I got to that point, hmm, is kinda hard to say. I had this dream. A great dream, you see. Cybernetics are for everyone, they can make the weak strong and those with limited lifespans increase. Technical fiddlings aside they just give a troll, or anything, a better advantage. And it looks pretty, uh, hot too!"

By this point you're practically beaming. You haven't divulged all the reasons for your choice in eyewear since you are still weary of what others may think. To claim that a nameless god-like being constantly visits your dreams and tells you spread the wonders of metal molded into flesh. That's just crazy. Just as crazy as the fact it comes in the form of a genderless feline with a visor such as yours with metal for claws, teeth and wings. Or, if its feeling particularly vicious, a formless void of black writhing mass that consumes metal and flesh in a beautiful and frightening display.

And no you would NEVER let anyone say these are delusions, claim the possibility that this is a horrorterror trying to drive you into a mechanical madness, or this is some bizarre way for you to accept the fact that you have a borderline obsessive/fanatical metal fetish. That's that crazy.

"I got my new eyes last sweep, its still a trial trying to get used to them. They have quite a few neat tricks and, uh, things. It was painful but worth it." You sigh softly, touching the outer rim of your optics. Damn you love the cool, smooth feeling.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:40 pm

You listen intently to Kuvoos' explanation for his love of cybernetics, smiling at his enthusiasm. You don't entirely get it; while you understand the benefits that such mechanical augmentations can provide, you have a deep, blood-chilling surgery phobia. The idea of having cybernetics surgically added to your body for any reason other than necessity terrifies you. But if Kuvoos thinks that cybernetics are the coolest thing since sliced bread, who are you to say otherwise?

"Those do all sound like pretty great benefits! Especially the, ah, lifespan thing." Such an upgrade would be of no use to you, seeing as you will certainly live for thousands of sweeps, baring any injury or unfortunate circumstances. But your midblooded moirail will not naturally last as long, and this potential increase in lifespan is something you would definitely like to suggest to her.

You flinch at Kuvoos' mention of the pain caused by his visor when he first got it; oh sweet Mirthful Messiahs, eye surgery. Do you need some air? No, no, you don't need air. You just take a gulp of your second drink, trying not to let on that your thinkpan is a whirling mess of scalpels and syringes and peeled-back skin. Ughhhh.

"Well I am glad you found it worth the trouble. It would be terrible if one changed ones mind after the fact, ha ha." Oh dear, you're sure that he'll notice your anxiety now, your speech has gone all formal. Have you gone pale? Oh dear, maybe you have. Keep it together, it's just words, there is no actual surgery happening right now. Shhhhhhh.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 am

You have no idea that your companion is just going along with your enthusiasm and really has no interest in your augmentations. Well its nice that she can pretend rather then brush it off all together. Thong as Lothun begins to show signs of her discomfort you are either too oblivious to notice right away or your drink has already gotten to you.

"Well it would be nice to share quadrants with another troll that wont die some dozen or so sweeps down the line. We are privileged with such long and satisfying lifespans. Brown bloods and rusts don't get such a luxury. And let's say, hypothetically, you share a quadrant with them wouldn't it be great to have them around sweeps longer with the right kind of upgrades? But that's just me." You roll your shoulders a bit. You might just be hinting that you're one of "those" trolls that supports more equal rights for the lower blood chaste. It also might be due to the fact you are harboring a one sided flush crush for a troll lowest on the hemospectrum. Sigh.

"As for the surgery, it really wasn't all that bad. I mean, yes I was kinda conscious for some of it and it was really painful and felt really weird afterward but I would never regret it. When you truly, uh, like-like something so much that you would willing mutilate yourself for it. Besides," Your hands leave your mug and instead reach for your face. You're incredibly careful about this, your fingers finding the edges of your visor and either side. There's a soft, almost inaudible, click as you pull the piece away.

Your full face is exposed for the first time in nearly a sweep. All the old scars are fully healed by now and all there is to show for the surgery are tiny ports where the visor locks onto and run from ear to ear and just circle around the rim of his eyes. And no there aren't any empty sockets either. You're not quick to part your eyelids, direction light of any kind has been foreign for your organic oculars. It takes a lot of blinking and squinting, surely you would have been at your weakest moment right about now, as the partial blindness is lifted and you turn your gaze to Lothun. There is still something slightly unnerving about them.

Your blood color is already hinted in the brightening irises, is one looked close enough they could see the actual microscopic mechanics that ran their course through the corneas. A single tiny wire running from the edge of your eyes to the center just beneath the surface. It was pretty obvious is wasn't comfortable.

"I still have my real eyes. I, sadly, have been unable to go the full mile and fully integrate the visor into my body. My eyes have had added enhancements to then but the visor works best. Its just... having them removed completely worries me. Silly thing since I have full faith in my cybernetics." When you smile again this time the emotion is full on your face. Without the bulky eye wear one could see the youth in your expression and that naive innocence that just didn't belong in a purple blood.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:42 pm

"Oh yes. I shall have to tell Jouket. I... I have been... worrying. I do not think that I could go on if she were to--to--... Sweeps before me." You can't even bring yourself to say "die", as though avoiding the word in connection to your moirail will stop it from happening. You also don't let on that by "worrying" you mean "working yourself into a panic and sobbing hysterically". You just cannot handle the idea of your jadeblooded palemate passing away. It's the most terrifying prospect you can imagine.

Oh. Oh no. Oh no, he's talking about the surgery. Oh nooooo he was concious for it? You think you might throw up. Oh my fucking--?? He used the word "mutilate", oh crap. Are you going to be sick? No, no, you're fine. You're fine. You're going to be one hundred percent fine-- oh shit he's taking the visor off.

Your imagination immediately runs away with you, drawing up images of Kuvoos with empty sockets, terrible scars, raw skin. But then it comes away and he slowly opens his eyes, and aw. What a cutie. He doesn't have his eyes fully colored yet! It makes him look so young, gosh. A genius smile splits across your face, phobia temporarily forgotten.

"I'm glad you've hung on to those gorgeous peepers." You grin, sipping your drink. Maybe if you try to focus on other things then you won't start freaking out again. Yes.

mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:49 pm

You show off your eyes for a bit longer but you're quick to feel out of place. Slipping the eye wear back on you aren't able to overlook the expressions crossing Lothun's face this time. Making a mental note of the name Jouket as you fiddle with properly placing the visor back on. There. Now you don't feel so naked and exposed. And the compliment doesn't help your nervous stuttering and flustered compsure in the slightest. Running your fingers through your bangs nervously and grinning beneath your hood. "Well, uh, you, ah... thank you?" Clearing your throat and trying to avoid the continuation of any topic dealing with your features and whether or not they are gorgeous.

"So, uh, who is this Jouket? A, uh, close friend of yours?" Oh you don't sounds worrisome or suspicious at all. "By the sounds of it, ah, she seems very important to you."
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 pm

You breath a mental sigh of relief when your friend changes the subject, veering it away from the dreaded topic of surgery. Instead he voices an inquiry as to the nature of your relationship with Jouket, a subject that can be both soothing and a source if anxiety to you depending on the context.

"Oh, did I not mention her name before? Jouket is my moirail, a jadeblood. So she does not have the shortest time by far, but still... It is not enough. I can't imagine being without her. But that shouldn't be a worry for sweeps yet, I'm just being silly." You shake yourself out of your dark thoughts with a bright grin, turning your focus on happier topics. "I really do think you would like her!" You think everyone would like her, really, but they often don't. Most don't see Jouket's caustic wit in a positive light like you do.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 pm

You frown and look away. Scratching lightly behind your horn in an embarrassed manner. You are sure Lothun had mentioned the name before and it just slipped your mind... Oh right! She had tried to get you to talk to the jadeblood at the mention of your lack of moirail. And that whole not wanting to be involved in cheating with someones palemate. Sometimes you are terribly forgetful. Perhaps there is a cybernetic upgrade for that.

"Well, uh, yes! I remember now. It is a sad, terrible thing to find another troll so close to you but they are out of your branch hemospectrum. But, ah, you must enjoy every moment you have together. And consider means of extending one's lifespan." Oh you really shouldn't be hinting nor pushing for another's augmentations. So again you will berate yourself and try to keep from your crazy, religious thoughts.

"I would, uh, very much enjoy meeting any friend of yours. Though, uhm, I really wish I could have my own moirail I could turn to. I mean, mm, there is someone I kinda been talking to. Maybe. But, uh, yeah. We should go on the prowl for some, uhm, quadrants. Though I fear filling my in my black will be the hardest. Surely you have some troll in mind?"
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:15 am

"If these upgrades you speak of will truly give her more time then I will do my best to convince her to get them. I would have her never grow old and frail if I could." You sigh, and for a moment you seem many tens of sweeps older than you are, worry creasing your brow and tugging at your mouth. But you shake off your melancholic thoughts as quickly as they come, a smile lighting on your face once again.

"Hm, I dunno. I struggle with blackrom, which actually seems a little odd seeing how antagonistic I can be at times... I don't have a lot of focussed hate? Oh, except this one guy, but I'd rather puke in my own hands than be caliginous with him." You pull a face, upper lip curling and tongue poking out in distaste. The blueblood you're refering to is just so dumb and gross and obnoxious, and the mere hint of the idea of pailing with him makes you want to pull you own teeth out and scratch out your own eyes. He's just so fucking vile!

"As for redrom... I dunno. I'm pretty much constantly up to my neck in flushcrushes, but none of them would ever have any red interest in me and then I just kind of get over it so it can't of been serious anyway. Pffft, I'm just so bad at romance, bro! I never wanna bother my flushcrushes with my stupid feelings, and I have like zero black feelings towards anyone!" You slump over the table, pouting like a wiggler. Romance is hard!
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:27 am

After seeing the worry and sadness on your friends face you decide it's best to keep from that topic. And stop bringing up anything that has to do with longevity and the such. Yeah. Though you do wish you could comfort Lothun in some way. But before your frazzled mind can come up with anything your fellow purple blood is smiling away again and you can't help but follow suit.

Now listening to her experience in blackrom does help make you feel a bit better. You honestly have not been able to feel outright black feelings for anyone. Sure you've annoyed and even angry at one troll or another but not really any hate. You are probably the worst highblood there is. One who lacks motivation for violence and bloodshed. And of course you are pulled from your thoughts just as Lothun comments about a troll she despises but not in that way. The whole puking into one's own hands should have grossed you out but for whatever reason you are simply bursting into laughter. It must have been that face she made too. "T-that's so wrong! Haha, well it could be a start!"

And just like that your laughter is halted as she goes on about her troubles with redrom. Well you two aren't very similar in that field either but just enough. You might not have a bunch of flushcrushes or problems sharing your feelings with who you thought would have been your matesprit. In fact, you are just too open, too clingy and too obsessive. That's probably why your last and only relationship never worked out.

"Hey, its alright." All that pouting is getting to you. Instinctively you want to comfort her with cuddles and purrs, like your lusus had taught you. But that might come of as too odd. Instead you take the risk and reach out to lightly pet her hand. You'll be sure to pull away if she snaps at you and next time you'll know better.

"I never had flushcrushes, you see. I've always been really picky. And, uh, when I thought I found the right one for me, someone who didn't think I was strange or dressed weird. One of those flushed at first sight type things. Like in those romcom movies. But it was all one sided and I didn't realize that till the end. And I had done some... not so admirable things in order to try and hold on to whatever it was we had. When it ended I didn't leave my hive for a long time. I think I would rather learn to hate then to try my hand at, uh, red romance again. You are a smart and, ah, talented troll. Vicious and very pitiable too. I'm sure, uhm, that you will get lucky soon. And, uh, don't worry. We can, mm, help each other and stuff." By the end there you don't know what you are doing or even saying. Really. Take a step back and breath. You are going to pass out from the sheer embarrassment of spilling your own personal endeavors.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Kuvoos reaches out and pats your hand in a comforting manner and this time you can see the movement before it makes contact; you smile rather than jump like a startled hoofbeast, a warm feeling starting up in your bloodpusher at this sign of comfort/affection. Kuvoos is such a nice troll, so peculiar for a highblood.

You listen closely to his tale of his last failed attempt at flushed romance, ears wilting sadly. You turn your hands over gently so now yours is over his, thumb stroking in a vague subconcious soothing manner. How awful. It sort of sounds a little like the reason you tend to keep your red feelings to yourself. When you were younger you were a lot more open; you got consistently shot down, often rudely. It hurt. You try to avoid that now.

"Kuvoos." You begin slowly, fiddling in your disorganized thinkpan for the right words. "You are a very nice troll, Kuvoos. You have been unfailingly lovely to me, and I think that you are very thoughtful and kind. And while many of our caste especially do not consider those admirable traits, I know that there are even more of those under us that do. And I'm also sure that there are plenty who would be driven 'round the fuckin twist by it all, too! So I think you shan't have too much trouble finding matches for yourself once you put yourself out there. And you're right, we can help each other!" You wrap up, hoping that you phrased all that correctly. You often fumble for the right words and get them all mixed around-- you much prefer conversing through a written format, it gives you the option to revise you words before submitting them.

"Also you are a cute, so you gon have aaaaaalll the fine hunnies clamorin for your attention!" You add with a cheeky grin, perhaps just to solicit a pretty purple blush from him.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 pm

The switch up from you comforting Lothun to her comforting you does make you flinch a little. You chalk it up to nervousness and not the fact that the soft strokes of her thumb sends all sorts of pleasing jolts and scrambles your thinkpan. Looking up at her with a slight smile. Ok, so she's sympathetic it just makes you feel a pang of pity. Surely it's nothing, really. Clinging to ever word she has to say to you. It's nice knowing she doesn't think any less of you due to your more passive demeanor. And really, her words echo the same exact feeling, the same words you would have uttered to her... since you still tend to overlook the fact that she kills other trolls and seems pretty ok with it. But orders are order right? Doesn't mean you can't be civil and the like.

At the end you find yourself feeling loads better. You can't stop smiling though before you could utter a thanks Lothun goes on to say how cute you are. Instantly your cheeks flare up a vibrant purple. Looking down at the table hard as your chest feels all shorts of tight and fluttery. Ah, she just had to make you feel all self conscious again didn't she?

You give her hand a soft squeeze and sigh. Your words are soft and you still don't look up, "I think, if things were different, we'd have a good moirallegiance happening. But, uh, if you ever need an ashen quadrant for your blackrom I wouldn't mind either. So long as puking into your hands does not ever occur." Letting go of her hands you quickly wrap them around your drink, which has gotten a little warm since you two began chatting. Perhaps you should try something with a bit more flavor to it? You're feeling a bit more adventurous now.

"So, uh, anything else we should do tonight?"
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Kuvoos's smile causes your own to widen, and you can't contain a devilish giggle when that pretty blush blooms up on his cheeks. Seriously, what a cute. Makes you just want to squish his cutie cheeks and make silly noises. But you shan't, because that would be embarrassing for everyone involved.

You chuckle at his comment, withdrawing your hand when he lets go and gripping your glass to knock back the last of your drink. "Hand-puking is for platonic hate only, so I don't think you'd have much to worry about. It's very sweet of you to offer, though, and I extend the same in turn." You dip your head to your companion, seeming serene and untroubled even as your thinkpan explodes into a mess of confusion.

'We'd have a good moirallegiance happening' is Kuvoos having pale leanings towards you? Or is he just saying that it might've happened had circumstances been different? And what is with that odd spear of pity stabbing you in the bloodpusher? Shut the fuck up bloodpusher, you are trying to think.

"Oh, um, I dunno! You're familiar with the area I take it, what's to do around here?" You lean forward with your elbows on the table, head cocked in an amiable fashion.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:57 pm

You don't understand how and why you are so easily flustered. You'd think being raised by a vicious and predatory lusus such as Lo-Lo, a behemoth lion fish, you'd have more courage and be more aggressive. But no, sadly you are none of those things. Right now you would have pulled your hood further over your head and tried to hide from your own conflicting emotions. Thankfully your cup keeps your hands steady and you can at least focus on the wooden table between glances up at Lothun's so charming and calm face. How you wished you could be so calm and collected like that. And beneath it a skilled killer. Another trait you lack so much. Maybe she can teach you some of her moves?

"That would be, uh, very nice. Though, ah, I don't know how violent I could get with my, uhm, kismesis. Bet it would be fun regardless." Unaware of Lothun's inner turmoil. You try your best not to let your feelings mess with your head but the alcoholic beverages you're enjoying is weakening your usually quiet resolve. That's not good for either of you.

Thankfully you are distracted for a moment when asked about any other activities in the immediate area. Your mind is a fuzzy faze for a second before you come up with some examples. "Oh, uhm, well. There are a few local shops. And, oh, a park! It is usually very beautiful." You pause for what feels like forever when you finally notice how much closer Lothun is to you. Even just having her lean forward with her head cocked to the side makes you squirm in your seat, flutterbugs wreaking havoc in the pit of your gut. "My, uh, my hive isn't too far either." No, no bad idea. Terrible idea. If you're feeling this awkward now then what would it be like back at your place? You will become fucking hysterical. And you know Lo-Lo will make things worse with his constant need for attention and how easily he will pick up on subtle hints. Would he try to play matchmaker? Nope, can't let that happen. "But it is, uh, a mess. Lo-Lo has his things scattered around and my workstation is in dire need of, ah, clean-up."

Great, not you probably sound like a jerk for mentioning it then taking it back. You simply fail at everything.

"I will do anything, mmm, you want to do that is. Uh, yeah. It's not too terribly exciting, sorry."
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top