Never Too Late To Say Hello

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Never Too Late To Say Hello

Post  mercurialMonster on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 am

MM: yeah, bro‽
MM: we could probs set up a viewport, let you spectate for a bit?
MM: there's gentler shit too, puzzles and junk‽
MM: I just tend to focus on the combat, ha ha‽
MM: Most people leap into the battles, but it's a pretty wide-scope roleplaying scenario‽
MM: I'll let you know the next time I'm playing and we'll set you up to check it out‽

You get the feeling that Kuvoos wouldn't be as into ripping throats out as you. He's pretty calm, maybe a little thoughtful. More reserved than you, at any rate! He seems to get a little worked up whenever he mentions something that might be interpreted as forwardness, which amuses you quite a lot. You don't really care so much-- your feelings are often on your sleeves, and are only muted if they would throw a wrench into your plans. But you don't have any nefarious ideas right now, so you've got nothing to hide from your new friend.

MM: Ha ha‽ You okay, bro???
MM: You there???
MM: Did he knock you down???
MM: Quetza does that sometimes too, ha ha?
MM: pet him for me, ha ha‽

You lean back and wait for your friend to return, letting out a long low whistle. He might be stuck for a while, one could never tell with lusii. Maybe you should do something to pass the time while you wait. Maybe you'll just sit here and spin really fast in your swiveling chair. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. You start to spin as fast as you can, cackling like a maniac once again.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 am

There's very little to be done when your lusus demands his much required attention. Your flailing and wiggling to get free are only rewarded with loud purring and him attempting to give you a tongue bath. You are not a wriggler anymore! This stuff is just gross now. Trying to bat the feline's face away with little results. With a loud sigh you are forced to through in the proverbial towel. Giving in to Lo-Lo's demands you scratch him behind his webbed ears and head. You take care not to prick yourself on the hidden, poisonous spines that are under his thick, wet mane. There is so much nuzzling and affection you feel smothered.

You have had enough of your, uh, petting's for the day. Go and do something, ah, productive for awhile. And do not ruin the couches again.

It takes a bit longer but your lusus finally rolls off of you, giving you one last affectionate headbutt for good measure before trotting off. How he manages to squeeze through your doorway is a mystery. With him gone you quickly set up your chair and try to fix up your sweater. The fashionable wings accessories are all bent out of shape and it will take some time to fix them. Great. You choose to ignore it and return back to your husktop and quickly type in more apologizes. You really shouldn't be this submissive.

TI: Ah, yes, sorry once more. Everything seems to |B|e in working order now.
TI: ╕My╒ lusus wanted some quality times together. |B|ut it never lasts too long nowadays.
TI: Uh, so where were we?
TI: Yes, ugh, right. Watching one of these Flarping sessions.
TI: ╕I╒ will |B|e eagerly awaiting to see your next match. It is very exciting to say the least.
TI: ╕I╒ will root for you, if that is something to |B|e done.

You sit back in your chair and stretch. All this talk of violence and action does have you feeling a little restless.

TI: So, uhm, what is on your agenda for tonight?
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 am

You cease your spinning when the 'ping!' of a new message sounds, having to wait out your dizziness for a moment. When you can actually make out the words on the screen, they give you pause-- how much should you tell your new friend? You shrug and decide "whatevs", because it's not really a secret. Your name is spoken in hushed tones by those with a reason to fear being targeted, so you hold a small amount of infamy. It actually bugs you a little that Kuvoos didn't recognize your name! But he doesn't seem the kind to socialize much, or draw attention to himself, so. Whatevs.

MM: I got some duties to attend to tonight?
MM: gotta go deal with some Tealblood makin' noise that our dear Empress don't like?
MM: uppity little shit just been pissing off aaaalllllll the wrong people‽
MM: and there's a little heiress that the Empress doesn't want around for much longer, which
MM: you know
MM: is kinda sad, poor little wriggler?
MM: but if it weren't me it'd only be someone else doing this, so? Whatevs?

Killing young trolls always makes you feel kind of rotten, and you're not sure why. But if you didn't do it then the Empress would only send someone else, and many of your occupation aren't as quick and clean as you can be. They like to drag it out, so it'd be best you took the job and did it as quick and painless as possible.

Older trolls are fair game though, you don't give a shit about them!

MM: what about you???
MM: what're you doing tonight???
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:34 am

Yeah, it's true, you aren't a very outgoing troll and your circle of friends mostly consist of other shut-ins like yourself. Gossip and lots of things traveling word of mouth never reach you. And you probably wouldn't even care enough to take any of it to heart. Besides, you believe all trolls have some redeeming qualities. Right? Even if your new friend has outright told you she plans on culling two trolls. One being an heiress no less. Well, no matter. When the Vast Assimilation commences all would be forgiven. Uh, actually, only those who have accepted cybernetics into their existence.

TI: Oh.
TI: ╕I╒ see.
TI: So it is, uh, safe to say that you are very skilled in the way of elimination of problematic trolls.
TI: And your, ah, attitude toward it means you have completed such tasks multiple times.
TI: That is to say it is not a |B|ad thing. Just something that will |B|etter prepare you when the time comes to |B|oard the fleet.

The Fleet. The thought of it alone makes you cringe. You are still three sweeps away from joining but picturing it still makes your stomach tighten and fill you with anxiety. You hope to avoid all bloodshed through means of tending to trivial things such as weapon making, armor smithing and repairing air ship hauls. Though you are a strong and very capable of ripping off a few heads if need be so such a life choice may not be possible for you. But you pry that your nameless deity will descend and save you from your fate.

You are really a strange one.

TI: Well ╕I╒ have no plans tonight. ╕I╒ was going to finish up a side project and if given enough time wrap up ╕my╒ shrine.
TI: ╕I╒ had to make some repairs when the last storm that |B|lew through wrecked it.
TI: Uh, and perhaps schedule an appointment to get ╕my╒ cybernetics examined.
TI: Need to keep them in proper working order.

Oh, well, that doesn't sound like being plan-less. You seems to have a full night ahead of you and it will probably have you working well into the daylight hours. And you still have yet to eat something.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:10 am

MM: yeah
MM: kinda have to be
MM: I'm a Laughsassin, you see?
MM: be kinda shit at it if I weren't not good at offing people?
MM: There's a fair amount of travel involved, and a weird amount of politics
MM: I've seen a little of the Fleet, actually, when the Empress has directed me there‽
MM: not long now before I'm a more permanent resident, but I'll probs get sent back for the odd job?
MM: I'll miss it here, but hey? Whatevs?
MM: gotta roll with the punches?

You're not really looking forward to moving to the fleet, but it's not exactly avoidable. You'll be positioned on the Empress' ship like all Laughsassins, acting as a sort of secret guard and waiting to be dispatched whenever your ruler wants someone eliminated. Could be worse; at least you're not on one of the shitty expendable peasantblood-run ships on the edge of the fleet.

MM: sounds interesting‽ What's the shrine for???
MM: also, cybernetics??? If that's not rude to ask about, of course?

You've never had a focused interest in robotics or cybernetics, but it all seems pretty cool to you. And you don't have any real knowledge of any religions or belief systems outside of your own. You are aware that people outside of your cast don't worship the Mirthful Messiahs, but you have no clue if they worship something different. It's not really that important to you.

Eventually everyone will be dead and either someone's beliefs will prove to be right or everyone will be wrong. So it doesn't really matter what anyone believes, does it?
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:04 am

Well you are starting to feel a little apprehension from this conversation. Your new new friend has just disclosed her profession to you and it's rather obvious she is plenty capable and readily able to cull any troll. And a Laughsassin of all things! It both excites you and terrifies you to every extent. Such notorious trolls and skilled. It could have been his fate if not for a change of plans and the haunting visions your nameless deity sends you now and again. Oh and you most certainly can't disclose your religious beliefs in full either! Most of it would be considered heresy and your neck the next target for the Empress's personal seasoned killers. You kind of draw a blank of what to say until your fellow purple blood asks about your shrine. Darn, you should have never said anything.

TI: Ah, well, the shrine is just a |B|it of a hobby. Appeasing the will of, uh, the Other being.
TI: It is, uh, pretty simple actually. Just some iron |B|its placed here and there.
TI: ╕I╒ sometimes meditate near them. When ╕I╒ need a moment of clarity.
TI: As for the, um, cybernetics, it is just ╕my╒ eyes that are.
TI: That is to say that someday ╕I╒ wish to add more.
TI: Judging from your reaction you lack, ah, such custom upgrades.

Of course you neglect to mention it was your visions and words from your nameless god that had you replace your eyes with much better robotic ones. And hey, you think it makes you look rather high tech and cool. Not to mention your might have a metal fetish. Your last, would be matesprit, would vouch for that. If he was still talking to you anyway. Your gaze flickers over to his greyed out name and you frown.

TI: ╕I╒ particularly fancy a troll with such, uh, advances.
TI: Though perhaps it is not for everyone.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 am

((hey! I know this is lame of me, but I'm changing her quirk. I thought of a much better one that fits better. Just ignore it, this doesn't need to be acknowledged IC!))

MM: that's cool! I don't reallY know a lot about religions oUtside of the Mirthful Messiahs and jUnk. NeVer reallY heard of anY with shines!
MM: bUt heY, whateVer floats YoUr metaphorical boat!

You've noticed that many of your fellow highbloods like to get all up in people's grills about beliefs, but you take a much more mellow approach. So long as someone isn't making trouble, how do their beliefs affect you? It's only when they act in ways that affect you negatively that you need to dash some skulls against hard surfaces. You're not much of a practicing member of your juggalo cult anyway, and only don traditional paints on special occasions.

MM: nah, I ain't got no cYbernetics in me. If I lost somethin like an arm or a leg then I'd get a robo one, or cYber eYes if I went blind, but I'm prettY happY with what I'Ve got!
MM: are YoUr cYber eYes better??? Do theY do anYthin different???

His mention of a troll he 'fancies' makes you grin. Ooo, is there a redrom in the works for your new pal? How cute! You personally don't have a matesprit or a kissmessis-- you should probably get on that, lest you become a target for culling-- but you do have a very loving moirail. She'll end up on the Empresses ship with you thanks to your relationship; after all, they wouldn't want any of the many dangerous highbloods on board to flip their shit and kill everyone, would they?

MM: oooooooo, someone YoU ~fancY~, eY???
MM: do tell!

mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:31 am

You're glad she doesn't poke and prod at you for more info about your own personal religion. But hey if she was legitimately interested in it you wouldn't mind sitting down and going on about the greatness that is your nameless God with his plans for making all trolls equal and offering peace and end to suffering. Though with her reluctance to get cybernetics certainly means she might not be the best candidate for joining the congregation. But heck, you are willing to try.

TI: Well yes and, uh, no ╕I╒ think. Like ╕I╒ am able to see more with finer detail and distance.
TI: |B|ut ╕I╒ do now lack the ability to show the usual emotion one would project with ocular orbs.
TI: That is to say, uhm, most |B|elieve ╕me╒ emotionless.
TI: And ╕I╒ no longer am able to shed, uh, tears or |B|link. It has |B|ecome impossible and unnecessary.

You shrug a bit. You don't mind the whole tears thing but the blinking did take some getting used to. Some trolls get easily unnerved when you stare at them with your red glowing eyes. It does help you avoid hostile situations since most trolls avoid you for that reason. And also your clothing. You don't think you look anything like a cultist, really.

The sudden interest in of your flushed quadrant has you instantly flustered and staring at the screen with a forlorn expression. It kind of hurts to recall your past flush crush.

TI: Yes well.
TI: ╕I╒ once had a very deep flush crush on another troll.
TI: A very charming and amazing troll indeed.
TI: Talented and smart and, ahh, so shiny.

You are swooning. You are legitimately swooning on the other side of your computer as you retell the details of your old flame. You can still remember him so vividly. Your bloodpusher even aches painfully the more you think about it. You miss him, a lot.

TI: |B|ut sadly it was not meant to |B|e.
TI: We were just... too different.
TI: Too much divided us.
TI: He was a rust blood |B|ut that never mattered to me.
TI: Said it just would not work out. In the end he did not even have pale feelings for ╕me╒. There was no pity to |B|e had.

Great, all this talk of your ex has you feeling depressed. If you keep this up Lo-Lo will for sure re-enter the room and attempt cuddles to cheer you up. You just feel so worthless since you weren't even able to keep hold of any quadrants.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:28 am

You picture how he must look with his unblinking mechanical eyes. That must be a little unsettling! But you're hardly one to judge, since your default body language leads most to the usually erroneous assumption that you are hostile and foul tempered. You don't mean to scowl so much, you swear!

MM: that's VerY cool! Seems like a prettY fair trade, fUnctionalitY for aesthetic appeal.
MM: bUt it's roUgh that people think YoU don't haVe feelings.
MM: people can be prettY qUick to jUdge. BUt all the best people take the time to look past all that, don't YoU find?

Your moirail taught you that. You used to be just as shallow and quick to judge as most other trolls until Jouket showed you the alternative. For her it was a matter of compassion; for you it was a matter of critical thinking. Appearances aren't everything, after all, and what if you missed an opportunity thanks to shallowness? It's a good thing you saw the error of your ways.

MM: aw
MM: I'm sorrY bro.
MM: bUt heY, think aboUt it this waY--
MM: theY saY that there's someone destined for each of oUr qUadrants
MM: so eVen when oUr flUshcrUshes don't work oUt
MM: it's jUst becaUse theY weren't oUr destined matesprit, eVen thoUgh we were prettY damn red for them.
MM: so don't worrY. YoU'll find YoUr match some daY. I know it's roUgh now, but it's just a step on YoUr joUrneY to find YoUr matesprit.

You're not sure what else to say. Relationships aren't your forté, as your list of failed red and black relationships can attest to. You've sort of given up, figuring that you'll find your matches when you're not looking. You're just glad that you have your darling moirail!

MM: Um. I'm not VerY good at feelings and jUnk, bUt I'll help if I can if YoU need to talk aboUt stUff. Or I can giVe YoU mY moirail's handle, she's good at this sort of thing!
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 pm

As you read the words on the screen you do feel a bit of hope and perhaps a little better but nothing close to patching up the painful hole in your bloodpusher. Your chest cavity still feels tight and breathing is still difficult when you recall your lost red crush. It's nice that she can part with some rather soothing words of encouragement but it just doesn't seem right.

TI: Uh, not to sound rude or anything |B|ut...
TI: Just seems like words my Moirail should |B|e |B|estowing upon ╕me╒.
TI: Though ╕I╒ am without such, uhm, a quadrant at the moment as well.
TI: Not saying it is, ah, unappreciated!
TI: ╕I╒ would hope this does not associate with cheating your pale quadrant.
TI: Crossing unspoken |B|ounderies and all that, uh, jazz.

Frowning a bit and quickly replying when she offers up her moirails handle. You almost feel a bit dirty just considering trolling her. Would this be considered a pale threeway? That thought is so weird and you are a weird troll for thinking such a thing. Though you can't deny how tempting the offer is. Just to have someone else to talk to would be nice at least.

TI: |B|ut thank you, regardless.
TI: ╕I╒ just fear that the one that is meant for ╕me╒.
TI: ╕My╒ fated Matesprit, may have already |B|een culled or taken |B|y another |B|etter then ╕myself╒.
TI: Like a seadweller.
TI: It would |B|e nice to have some troll at least |B|efore the drones show up at ╕my╒ hive.

Yeah, it would be pretty depressing if your life was cut short because you failed at relationships. You still have so much to live for! You really wouldn't even be that concerned about finding and filling your quadrants if not for the looming possibility of being culled. Ah, what it was to be young.

TI: Perhaps ╕I╒ need to put ╕myself╒ out there more.
TI: Uh, interact.
TI: Or something along those, ah, lines.
TI: ...so what about you?
TI: Anyone, uhm, in your flushed quadrant?
TI: That is, hmm, if you do not mind ╕my╒ asking.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:21 am

MM: Um. I don't think it crosses anY boUndaries? I think pals can help each other oUt withoUt eVerYthing getting all pale.
MM: bUt I sUppose if YoU feel it's inappropriate?
MM: Idk bro
MM: The offer stands, regardless!

You have never worried that your friendly concerns might be seen as pale advances before. It just seems like something friends should do, work their feelings out and junk. You should ask Jouket, she has more of a grasp on the nuances of emotions and proprieties than you. That's what makes her such a great moirail, you suppose!

MM: Well, if theY're fated for YoU then no relationship with anYone else would work oUt, seadWeller or no.
MM: the threat of cUlling is alarming, thoUgh.
MM: maYbe YoU shoUld pUt YoUrself forward a little more, yeah.

Your ties to the Empress give you a little leniency in terms of empty quadrants, but only a little. You probably need to step up your game lest you wind up culled like so many others unlucky in relationships. Though you do wonder what would happen if you hooked up with a random and provided the resulting material to the drones. Would it really be worth the risk, though, just to ease your curiosity?

MM: Oh, me?
MM: no, no one in mY flUshed qUadrant. No one in mY caliginoUs, either! Siiiiigh.
MM: I probs need to trY a little harder too. I strUggle with a people a bit, at least face to face.
MM: like this is okaY, bUt when I meet people in person I fUck Up so hard, ha ha!
MM: I haVe to alreadY know people to be comfortable aroUnd them, YoU know?

Oddly enough, you tend to loathe people that you meet face to face almost impulsively. When you meet them online and then meet in person then you're fine; but if you go out and encounter someone new you just notice every little flaw and want to punch them in their chitinous windhole. That's why you like Jouket to be with you when you're around new people.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 am

You are very much interested in the offer of having someone else to talk to, if only to increase the list of trolls you converse with. It's always more fulfilling to widen the small circle you immerse yourself in. But you are weary of the possibility of sweeping up another trolls quadrant. Whether or not it's possible your thoughts always stray that way. Blah. Be cool, be calm.

TI: ╕I╒ see.
TI: Well fated or not ╕I╒ just do not want, uhm, to wait forever to meet ╕my╒ perfect partner.
TI: Time does not wait,ah, even for the |B|est of us.
TI: And ╕I╒ just do not enjoy public settings.
TI: Not could ╕I╒ sit still, hmm, long enough to engage with others.
TI: Without making a complete fool of ╕myself╒

The thought of 'put yourself forward' does sound pretty good but you are instantly drawn to all the negative things that could happen. Thumping your head on the space beside your mouse. You are a failure. It is you. Not even in your own head could you ever win. It's just not fair sometimes. It must be nice to be a Laughsassin and work with the Empress herself. Probably get all the best benefits, no real worries about filling quadrants and such.

TI: Oh, uh, really?
TI: You seem like quite the, ahh, fun outgoing type.
TI: Mmm, like a troll that knows what she is doing.

It's shocking to you to hear your friend is lacking in both flushed and black quadrants. That actually does help with your own worry. At least you aren't alone in this! Nodding along with her though you are perhaps opposite in what she does. You worry others will point out your flaws quick despite your much higher rank then most. That and, well, you simply are too picky most of the time. Sure it would be great to finally fill out a spot in that lonesome square that is your romance but...

TI: Perhaps you and, uh, ╕me╒ should head into a populated area and, uhm, try our odds.
TI: With finding proper quadrants.
TI: Might have |B|etter luck, maybe.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 am

You're an odd, contradictory character-- you're bold and assertive and ultimately self-serving, but you do not like to talk to new people face to face or upset the feelings of anyone you have neutral-to-positive feelings for. That's why you like to meet people online; it's so much easier when they're not stood right in front of you.

MM: I know that feel, bro. I foUnd that the best waY to deal with nerVoUsness or fUck Ups is to jUst laUgh it off. BUt it's still trickY not to caVe Under the nerVes.
MM: bUt romances are harrrrrrrrd anYwaY
MM: it's like
MM: what eVen?

It amuses you to know that he thinks you might be 'fun and outgoing'. True, you can be, but only when surrounded by people you are already comfortable with. Otherwise you just glare and snap and intimidate everyone of a lower caste than yourself. It just makes you so uncomfortable being around strangers.

MM: 'fUn and oUtgoing'
MM: 'knows what she's doing'
MM: ahahahahahahahahahahaha
MM: HA
MM: ahaha, no
MM: I'm a wreck of aggression and anxiety aroUnd new people
MM: on mY own, anYwaY. I'm better with someone I know there.
MM: I'Ve neVer reallY known what I'Ve been doing in mY entire life
MM: jUst sort of make it up as I go, ha ha.

That's why you generally don't go anywhere by yourself; you always need a familiar face nearby or you might accidentally punch someone and make a scene. Your temper and volatility is notorious in some of the highblood circles, which is why you don't really get invited to social gatherings as often as your caste suggests. Sometimes you'll go as a friend's plus one, just to freak everyone out, and sometimes one of your friends hosts something, but usually you keep to yourself. Which explains the empty quadrants.

MM: Yeah, that soUnds reallY cool!
MM: We shoUld def. do that!
MM: Yeah
MM: V. good idea

If all else fails and you don't meet anyone interesting then the pair of you could cruise about and find something cool to do. Better than failing alone and getting all sad about it.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Well this seems to be heading somewhere now. Though you reread what you type and quickly worry over sounding desperate. Surely that's not how you are coming off as. That would be terrible indeed. But you choose not to dwell on it or bring it up to further point it out. Instead your smile grows increasingly as you skim over your friends responses. There seems to be a lot you share in common with her. This friendship might help you both out with all that negativity and anti-social behavior. It would be nice to avoid being culled for something as silly as not being able to fill a pail. Really. You have too much to offer to be picked off by drones.

TI: Well if it is, uh, any consolation. ╕I╒ think you are quite a remarkable troll.
TI: Perhaps if you, uhm, have any free time in the near future we could find a place to meet and mingle.
TI: Even tonight.
TI: If that will be acceptable.
TI: And not short notice.

Unlike your friend here, aside from the awkwardness and all avoidance of other trolls you have enough stability to avoid causing a scene. Hopefully.

((Sorry its taken me so long to respond. Just been dealing with stuff. x_x ))
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:21 am

((It's cool, I don't mind~ <3))

Your cheeks flush indigo when you read the word 'remarkable', tugging your high collar up to hide the bottom half of your face in a childish gesture of bashfulness. It's odd; you are very self confident, but compliments always make you get all silly. You make a peculiar 'pshaw' noise, and squirm in your seat, which is ridiculous seeing as you are actually alone in your room and have no real reason to get so embarrassed.

MM: awwww
MM: YoU
MM: YoU are a cUte
MM: *pets face*

You quickly run over a mental schedule, before confirming that you do not have any plans for this evening. You reply as such.

MM: I don't haVe anY plans!
MM: so that is an entirelY acceptable idea
MM: It will be fUn! <3

mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 am

As you await a response you look over your words and hope that maybe you weren't being too forward. You wouldn't want to run the risk of seeming too bossy, especially toward another highblood. The complications are making you panic inwardly and now you are afraid of meeting your friend face to face. If you are having so many second thoughts about it then it can't be a good sign. Though some relief comes in the form of a 'ping' as she answers you. Blinking, or as close to blinking as your inorganic eyes can muster, you read then reread the words. She called you cute. Called YOU cute and then committed an action. A petting action no less!

Before you can even response with something to try and play off the comments you are suddenly floored by her agreement to hangout. And that heart at the end of the sentence nearly has you closing out your screen and backing away from your husktop like it suddenly sprouted into one of your horrorterrors. You are blushing furiously and sputtering nonsense to yourself. Thankfully you are alone as you continue to have a small mental meltdown. No one has ever given you a heart aside from your not matesprit. It really is messing with your head and you should probably just look over it but being the kind of troll that reads into things too intently you simply can't. In the mean time you seemed to have forgotten to respond to your friend. Surely she must be wondering what's wrong.

It takes a few attempts, typing something in then quickly deleting it repetitively, but you manage to send something.

TI: When and where?
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:26 am

You frown, worried that you might have said something inappropriate. Maybe you made him uncomfortable? There has certainly been quite the delay in his response. Oh dear. Well, no need to jump to that conclusion just yet; perhaps his lusus was vying for his attention once again. Or something. Hm. The paranoid part of you still worries that your new friend might have been offended by something you said.

Just when you're about to issue an apology, a reply pings up. Oh good, he wasn't upset. Or wasn't saying he was, at any rate. The question, though, gives you pause; where do people go to meet other people?

MM: UUUUUUUUUmmmmmmm
MM: I
MM: Um
MM: where do people go??????
MM: Hm
MM: idk
MM: anY ideas?
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:13 am

In the few moments it takes for her to reply you take a few slow and calming breaths. Surely you are just overthinking this. Just overlook all those little meaningless things. Besides, you have not shown any real qualities that were worthy of getting the attention of another highblood. Hell, your would be matesprit was a rustblood. The lowest of the low because, let's face it, you just can't compete with others of your caste. But that's another mental barraging for some other night. Right now you are at a real loss at just where you could hangout. Leaning back in your chair you run a few possibilities through your thinkpan.

TI: Well there is, uh, a place not too far from ╕my╒ hive. If you would not mind a |B|it of a trip?
TI: A usual hangout of sorts. Good food and, uhm, drinks if you are into such things.
TI: ╕I╒ used to frequent it.
TI: In |B|etter times with friends.
TI: Though it is mostly populated by lowbloods, ah, if that is something you would not mind either.
TI: I can send you proper co-ordinates now.

And you pray to your respective symbiotic deity that you do not run into anyone in particular you are avoiding. Not that it should matter. You had every right to go anywhere and do as you please. Maybe.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 am

MM: I woUld not mind a trip!
MM: and I woUld not mind lowbloods, either~
MM: it all soUnds fUn! I'll jUst make mYself presentable and meet YoU there, shall I?

You are pulling your boots on even as you press the enter key, scraping your claws through your mad tangle of hair in hopes of making it look halfway decent. You can use your appearifier to get wherever you need to go-- blood status does come with perks, after all-- and you already know to look for the troll with robotic eyes. You're a little excited to meet your new friend properly.

You just need coordinates and then you'll be all set.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:53 am

You're not as quick to get ready as your new found pal but you are just as eager and excited. Yet there is that winding knot of uncertainty building in the pit of your gut. What if you don't get along? What if you say something stupid and ruin it? If you run into your flushcrush and things get awkward? And then those hearts. How she was just throwing them around. Pushing back panic you simply type in the exact location of this little hangout. Its pretty much in the midst of a lowblood hivesteam. It was usually pretty quiet and rarely any highbloods frequented the place meaning there was little chance of conflict.

TI: Again, just |B|e aware of the amount of lowbloods around. And, uh, see you there soon!

You shut down your husktop and quickly change into a fresher set of clothes. Which of course are no different then the pullover hoodie you normally wear, black jeans and of course the set of false iron wings settled around your shoulders. The trip will take longer for you since you don't bother to use your appearifier, the place is a twenty minute jog away from your well hidden hive. Ten if you just make the effort and run for it.

And as you bid farewell to your lusus, throwing your hood over your wild mane of hair, you are fairly certain you have no idea what your friend looks like. Uh, well you suppose she will be the only purple blood to be seen. Hopefully.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:24 am

You glance at your husktop while searching for a clean shirt, noting that last message. You have no problem with lowbloods seeing as you can crush kill break subjugate get along just as well with lowbloods and highbloods alike. You pull on one of your many identical high-collared long- sleeved shirts-- fuck yes, stripes are the bossest-- and check yourself in the mirror. You fuss for a moment, deciding whether or not to put on some indigo lipstick, before muttering "fuck that turnways" and hurrying off to your appearifier. You type in the coordinates and hop on, vanishing from your hive.

You appear in front of the establishment in question. You recognize this area, a lowblood-heavy place of traffic (and a place you have visited on your specific brand of business once or twice), and a few passing rustbloods immediately eye you suspiciously. You don't care, it's not like you're in any sort of danger. You lean nonchalantly on the wall by the doorway and await your company.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 am

The trip to your destination runs pretty smoothly though of course as you reach the large community hive system you already feel that anxiety that comes from being around large groups. Regardless of social standing you really can't help but feel incredibly awkward around other trolls. Your pace slows as you approach the already packed and lively core. Passing up a wide verity of troll run shops and services.

When you reach the establishment you feel a sort of tension. Of course its coming from several peasant bloods that seem to be eyeing another purple blood that's loitering. Your sudden presence doesn't help to relieve anything either. Approaching the stripe sporting highblood with a awkward smile. "Uh, hi."
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:37 am

You wink and grin at a few of the more openly irritated lowbloods, which causes both confusion and added aggression, but they wouldn't dare touch you. You yawn, flashing a mouth full of exquisitely sharp teeth, and drum your fingers against your thigh, indigo eyes trailing over the passing crowd in the hopes of spotting your new cyborg friend.

A greeting causes your head to snap around and you are confused for a fraction of a second before dropping your gaze lower. You immediately break out a bright grin and bounce a little. He's so short! And so super cute, with his cutie horns and cutie visor!

"Hi there!" There's a hint of growl in your sing-song reply greeting, but there always is. You're just naturally growly, you suppose. Or purry, depending on the context? Who even knows. The point is, your new friend is here and even cuter than you suspected.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  titanicIronsmith on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Ok, this was very unexpected. Now that you are meeting your friend face to face, actually seeing her and the very noticeable size difference, a whole new set of worries bombard your thinkpan. She's so much taller then you! Much more imposing to those around you. Surely she thinks your just a weak and pathetic excuse for a purple blood. You still have time to grow into the proper size! And if you say something offensive will she think you cull worthy? Don't slouch, stand up straight and be presentable!

And oh majestic feline deity, she said hi to you and all you can do is stare with that awkward grin still plastered on your face. And its hard to try and look away somewhere else because you're pretty sure you're about at bust height. The best you can coo is tug your hood further over your head to hide the immense blush creeping across your cheeks. This was a terrible idea and you have no idea what to do with yourself.

"We can, uh, go inside and, uhm, get something to drink maybe." Yes, way to be authoritative. Though you do scoot closer to the front doors and open it for Lothun. At least you can show you have manners. Maybe a couple dozen drinks will make you worry less about your impending doom.
titanicIronsmith
Nipper Cadet
Nipper Cadet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mercurialMonster on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 pm

By the Mirthful Messiahs, he's so delightfully tiny and awkward! You can't contain a tiny 'hee hee!', resisting the urge to smoosh either of your faces. It is very sweet that he is so shy and jittery about you as he should be, though it may not be suitable behaviour for a highblood. But really, who even cares if his behaviour is unusual for his caste? Let the peasants everyone behave how they like, it doesn't bother you. And it's fairly ordinary to be perhaps a little intimidated by a troll so much larger than oneself.

"Yeah, cool." You step through the politely opened door, nodding amiably as you do so and bumping your new friend good-naturedly with your hip. "Thankee!" An odd, old turn of phrase, but one you've never quite managed to shift. You glance around-- it's nice (for a lowblood establishment), and has none of the stuffy humorless atmosphere so prevalent in highblood-run establishments. "This seems like a cool place! Anything you'd recommend?" You jerk one sharp-clawed thumb towards the bar; Kuvoos did mention drinks, after all.

Maybe his jitters will wear off as the night goes on. You certainly hope that your new (adorable) friend doesn't stay so nervous and wary of you. There's really no reason for him to be! He'd have to mess up pretty spectacularly for you to consider culling him; he may not be an ideal highblood, but he's managed to endear himself to you in the short time you've known each other. That in itself provides him with a certain level of protection, even if he doesn't know it.
mercurialMonster
Bravesprout
Bravesprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top